1. Winslow Homer (1836-1910)This artist worked in oil, printmaking, and watercolor. He is known as a preeminent figure in American Art.
2. Paul Klee (1879-1940)A Swiss born German artist. He was heavily influenced in the early movements of expressionism, surrealism, and cubism.
3. Georgia O’Keeffe (1887-1986) An American artist known for creating large and abstract flowers. She is known as the mother of American modernism.
4. J.M.W. Turner (1775-1851)An English romantic painter, printmaker, and watercolorist. Known for his colorful and almost mystical landscapes.
5. Alvaro Castagnet (1954- present)A master of watercolor. His aim is to portray emotion and feeling within his artwork.
All these artists and their work are so different, yet they all use the same medium, watercolor. Isn’t that fascinating? It proves how unique each individual is. If these artists had drawn what was popular or in season they wouldn’t be where they are today. Reach inside yourself and don’t be afraid of what comes out. You are amazingly talented my friend. Keep moving forward in your artistic journey and you’ll be amazed where you end up!
Which artist was your favorite? What type of blog posts would you like to see next? Let me know through the contact page of my site. Hope to talk to you soon!